Frequently Asked Questions
Lash extension is a process by which one strand of synthetic hair is attached to each lash one at a time. They are bonded with a medical grade adhesive, extending your natural lashes, resulting in a look that makes your eyes pop!
It takes 1.5- 2 hours depending on how many natural lashes you have. Refills may take 50 minutes - 2 hours depending on the amount of time between visits.
They are applied professionally by a technician with 2 pairs of tweezers and adhesive. (Your eyes are closed and taped down with a cooling gel pad during the entire process.)
A medical grade adhesive which was formulated by doctors as well as scientists for safe results. We no longer use sensitive formula adhesives so if you have seasonal allergies or are sensitive to the regular strength adhesive, we recommend that you not get eyelash extensions.
For best results and longer lasting lashes, a freshly cleansed face can make all the difference. Ideally, a shower just before your appointment is most effective, however if this is not possible, cleanse your face and eye area removing all make-up and/or oils so the adhesive isn't compromised.
Although the adhesive is made to last up to 6 weeks, it really depends on the life cycle of a lash, and where you are in that cycle. Generally a refill is needed on average of 3-4 weeks.
If your lashes are applied and cared for by a professional, they will not be damaged. Remember, your lashes should be handled with care - no rubbing or pulling and especially no eyelash curlers.
Lash extensions normally take on the natural shape of your own eyelash; they may twist a little with the growth of your lash. Do not be alarmed, your technician can take care of that at your refill visit. Also, the extension will fall off as your natural lash falls off.
Mascara is typically used to make lashes appear longer, darker and sometimes fuller, depending on the brand. Lash extensions, eliminate the need for mascara as well as minimize the stress of what brand. Lash extensions, will make your lashes appear longer, darker and fuller depending on the style that you choose. A consultation with your stylist will help them determine what can work for you. If you feel the urge, you should avoid mascara on your lash extensions. If it is not water soluble, it will breakdown the adhesive and effect the wear of your extensions.
We recommend the following:
- It takes 24 hours for the adhesive to fully bond, therefore it is essential to avoid getting your lashes wet for the first 24 hours after your lashes are applied.
- Avoid picking, touching or rubbing your lashes.
- No oil or oil based products on your lashes.
- Only use water-based eye makeup remover.
- Although it's preferred that you avoid mascara, it is essential to avoid waterproof mascara.
- Avoid touching your lashes with your fingers. All clients receive a free lash brush to help maintain lashes without touching them directly.
- Try to avoid sleeping face down.
- Minimize your visits to steam rooms or saunas, frequent exposure to steam or heat may cause adhesive to weaken.
- Do not use cotton balls or pads.